Wednesday, October 23, 2019

THREE REASONS TO READ: Little Red Rhyming Hood by Sue Fliess Illustrated by Petros Bouloubasis

TITLE: Little Red Rhyming Hood
AUTHOR: Sue Fliess
ILLUSTRATOR: Petros Bouloubasis
PUBLISHER: Albert Whitman & Company, 2019

JACKET FLAP:

Red only speaks in rhyme. 
And now she's bullied all the time. 

Little Red's poetry skills make her a target for Big Brad Wolf -- and friendless. But one afternoon, she hears about a rhyming contest that could change everything.

Maybe I'll meet kids like me, 
who also speak in poetry!

Then Brad sneaks up and scares the rhyme right out of her and into him!

Help me! Make it go away!
I don't want to rhyme all day!

Can they learn to work together to right the rhyme?

THREE REASONS TO READ:

1.    Such a clever, modern fracture of the Little Red Riding Hood tale.
2.    Such a clever twist for a bullying tale.
3.    Such a satisfying resolution.

BONUS REASON: We should always try to walk in someone else's shoes before putting them down. Also, working together is better than working against one another.



2 comments:

  1. OMG. How did I not know about this book yet?
    I am putting this on my To Read list.
    Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too. It's such a great twist on rhyming picture books and on the Little Red Riding Hood story. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete